Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Palate Repair/ Nasal Stents

Well, It's been a long time, I know, but, better late than never. We are currently on night number 2 of our hospital stay for Hunter's palate repair surgery. Everything went well. He is doing great. We arrived at the hospital at 11:30am Tuesday May 15th. Hunter went into surgery at 1:30. At 4:30pm we got him back. He was absolutley miserable. He was hurting and bleeding (not badly, just occational drops from his nose and drooling blood from the corner of his mouth) and there was nothing I could do to help him. I tried to hold him but he kept ramming his face into my shoulder. So even trying to comfort him, I was hurting him. I felt as helpless as he looked. He slept pretty good the first night, all things considered. He would wake up crying, I would pat his back or chest and he would fall back asleep. Sometimes he would get pain meds. He had been taking pedialyte so today we needed to get him to drink some formula. At first it was not going too well. However, later in the evening, we got him to take a significant amount of formula, and some pedialyte too. Hopefully, tomorrow morning he will be off the IV fluids. We are hoping to be heading home tomorrow afternoon!!!

Made this video for Hunter while I sit and watch him sleep:

1 comment: