Friday, November 18, 2011

Doin' The NAM Thing

The NAM
Okay, so, I admit I am WAY late on this post. Tough cookies - read on! On Aug. 31st Hunter got his NAM (Nasoalveolar Molding Device). We have been diligently taping this thing into his mouth day in and day out. Every week it gets adjusted at the oral facial prosthedontists office. This device brought the parts of Hunter's palate closer together. It also reshaped his face. A couple weeks ago the Nasal Stent was added to his NAM. This part with help shape his nose to hopefully give it a more semetrical look after surgery.


NAM taped in!
There's not too much to SAY about the NAM - other than the fact that it truly is AMAZING. . . I'll just let you see for yourself in the following pictures.


You can see how the shape of his entire face/nose has been transformed

After 2 months on the NAM - AMAZING!


1 comment:

  1. Wow the before and after pictures of your son with the NAM are amazing! My little guy is getting his next week and I have been kind of skeptical about the whole thing. I've been nervous about him getting it and having one more thing to take of with him. I am now a believer! Thanks for sharing your stories!

    ReplyDelete